A. understand the concept of e-leadership;
B. know where to find the tools for e-leadership.
e-Leadership has crucial importance for companies and industry to excel in their business operation. e-Leadership is key to using new digital technologies for innovation and transformation, managed in a relevant organisational context and embedded in the business strategy.
Time needed to review this content: 30 MIN
e-Leadership skills are the skills required of an individual to initiate and achieve digital innovation:
• Strategic Leadership: Lead inter-disciplinary actions and infuence stakeholders across boundaries (functional, geographic)
• Business Savvy: Innovate business and operating models, delivering value to organisations
• Digital Savvy: Envision and drive change for business performance, exploiting digital technology trends as innovation opportunities.
SMEs and start-up companies also show diversity in their technological, organisational and value chain set-up, and hence have different needs for e-leadership skills, so a framework for e-leadership leaders has been developed.
In line with the e-leadership skills definition, any education for e-leadership should serve the primary goal of exploiting digital technologies for innovation. e-Leadership offers may address all three competence areas, or focus on one or two of the areas when they complement existing skills and competences. e-Leadership exploits nascent or emerging technological trends that are ready for deployment, and consequently it adapts to the evolution of digital development and its deployment in the market. Current major trends such as Mobility, Cloud Computing, Big Data analytics, Social Media Technologies, Internet of Things, Customer Experience IT and IT Security need regular revisiting so as to keep up to date. These technology trends need to be discussed with SMEs. We did so, and then we engaged with successful SMEs, including fast growing gazelles eager to expand across borders. Theoretical definitions of e-leadership and emerging technology have to be confronted with real life leadership demands, SMEs‘ needs for skills, and where barriers impede feeding insights into the design of educational leaders.
Find out what it is an eLeadership and why it is relevant for industry, by watching the following video.
Watching this video you can find out the importance of e-leadership.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
1. Managers should become Web literate and should encourage members of their team to do the same.
2. A strategic planning process should be adopted to develop Web strategies.
3. Organisations need to develop policies regarding the use of social media.
4. Members of the organisation’s should be encouraged to start a blog or an online presence
5. Human resources, marketing and communications departments should be encouraged to experiment with social media.
6. Organizations should learn about common barriers and pitfalls of adopting Web tools.
7. Sole ownership of Web strategies by the IT department should be discouraged.
Constant need for collaboration across networks and leading by influence.
Implement agil and adaptative processes.
Importance of accessing and analysing information.
THINK OF SOME ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION: